I also send weekly letters called The Studio Visit.
You should hire me for:
• Branding your < 25 person company/org/event.
• Designing and developing small, informational websites.
• Showing work in your art exhibition.
• Presenting a talk for your conference, artist gathering, or classroom.
• Writing an article for your publication.
I probably won't be a good fit if:
• Your company is > 25 people, you have a product I don't align with ethically, or have a tiny budget promising "exposure." (If you have to question, it probably is.)
• You are looking to build a site with full commerce functionality. If so, I have plenty of great people I can get you in touch with.
• If your exhibition consists of all (white) males, or if you are considering my work in your exhibition because it will be "edgy" and bring "the black perspective."
• If the lineup of your conference is of all (white) males and you didn't reach out to women, particularly of color and LGBTQI, first. If you haven't, I have plenty of great people I can get you in touch with.
Wonderful, I think we would be a great match.
Wait, you threw all that information at me.
Who are you again?
I'm James T. Green, pleased to meet you.
• I'm currently an artist in resident for the 2014-15 U of Chicago Arts and Public Life/CSRPC program. I've completed residencies at ACRE from 2011-2012 and Chicago Artist Coalition's HATCH Projects from 2012-2013.
• I've created design work for: 22nd Century Media, TEDxWindyCity, Black Girls Run, Soul City Church, Red Bike and Green, Briar Rabbit, Divyn Media, Iron & Wire, Filter Photo Festival's Image 37, Tribune Publishing, and Pop Up Addis.
• I create music under U+1F60C.
Okay so you do all these things, cool.
Where do you work though?
I live with my partner in the neighborhood of Pilsen. We converted an extra room into a working studio. You can also visit me at Autotelic Studios where I share space with 8 other artists, The Arts Incubator in Washington Park, Some Office, or wherever there's Wi-Fi.
Dang, I really like what you do and I want to support you, but I don't want to hire you for a project.
If you like what I create, write, and record, you can send me a one-time donation or support my practice on Patreon starting at $1 per month.